I’ve finally been nominated for the Liebster award, and I’m so happy!😊Thanks so much to Catherine @ thediaryofabookishgirl for the nomination! You’re awesome!💜
Here are all the rules:
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you for the award and post the award
- Answer the questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Give 11 facts about yourself
- Ask 11 questions of your own
- Nominate 11 blogs for the award (or however many blogs you can nominate)
- Notify your nominees.
So now I’m going to be answering Catherine’s questions:
- If you could turn a book series into a TV show, which would you pick?
I think I’d choose The Lunar Chronicles. Even though I’ve only read the first book in the series, I still think it would be interesting as a TV show!
2. Is there a series you wish was longer? (Feel free to mention more than one!)
The Girl Online series by Zoe Sugg, even though I’m sort of cheating as I just found out that she has another book coming out in November😄! (as you can see, the cover and title have yet to be revealed)
3. Who is your favourite fictional female character?
I feel like I can really relate to Penny from Girl Online, and that she’d make a great friend for me, so I’m going with her.😄
4. Is there a book you wish you never read?
That would probably have to be The Crossroads by Chris Grabenstein. I should have gone with my intuition and not have read it when my friend told me about it, because as much I wanted to like and continue on with it, I just couldn’t! I DNF’ed it, that’s how much I disliked it.
5. Who is your favourite lesser known author? Give them a mention and maybe suggest one of their books for people to look into.
Kit Pearson’s work is often overlooked by young adult readers, since she writes historical fiction, which I find that many readers tend to pass up on. Despite that, her books are amazing! I’d recommend her duology The Whole Truth and her book The Sky is Falling, because I really enjoyed them!
6. Which film adaptation do you dislike and wish that the story had remained in book form?
I’d like to pass on this one, sorry! I haven’t watched any movie-to-film adaptations that I’ve disliked.
7. If you could expand the story of one character, who would it be?
I’d probably want to expand the story of Mia from If I Stay before it happened. Her life seemed like a very interesting one, and I’d love to learn more about it.
8. Is there an author or book you feel you will never read?
That would probably have to be Cassandra Clare (no offence to fans of hers!). It’s not her, it’s me. I just don’t like paranormal books, and they all seem so long! I’m sure her books are amazing, and would be if I tried them, but I don’t plan on doing so anytime soon.
9. Which fictional character do you feel deserved better? (It doesn’t have to be a book character!)
Um… may I pass, please? I just can’t think of an answer right now.😒
10. Is there a fictional item you wish you could have in real life?
I haven’t read many books including one, but a teleport! I think that it would be pretty cool to travel in time, as long as I don’t mess up anything.😝
11. What time of the day do you prefer to read? (Are you a morning person, or an evening one? Or do you read in the middle of the night?)
I usually like to read in the evenings or right before bed on school/camp nights, but if it’s a weekend or there’s no school, I will read all throughout the day!
Now for my facts:
- My birthday is tomorrow!🎉🎉I’m so excited to see what this new year brings for me! And not to mention that it’s the last day of school for me too, and I’m switching schools next year, so mixed feelings there.😊😒
- My favourite song right now is probably This is What You Came For by Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna, but it changes all the time as I discover new music and get sick of older songs.
- I’m currently typing this on my amazing MacBook Air that I got in August last year!
- I really like watching gymnastics videos and trying the stunts myself. All I can do at the moment are backbends (bridges), cartwheels on my left leg, somersaults, chest stands, and (sort of) handstands. I’m working on my skills though!
- I don’t watch much TV. I just think it takes away from my reading time and other things I want to do. Sorry to all TV lovers😝!
- My pet peeve is probably rude people. I cannot stand them!
- My favourite animals are dogs🐶 and penguins🐧.
- I can speak and write French, and I actually own two books in French, Drame by Raina Telegemier and Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. (Je peux parler et ecrire le francais, et je possede deux livres en francais, Drame par Raina Telegemier et Le Petit Prince par Antoine de Saint-Exupery.)
- My favourite movies are Inside Out, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Home, Annie, Big Hero 6, and many more. Yes, I’m not afraid to admit that I like kids movies😊.
- My favourite sports are basketball, swimming, and dance.
- And I can’t think of any more facts, so that can count as my last fact, right?!😂
Now for my questions:
My apologies, but I really like the questions I made for The Sunshine Blogger Award, so I’m re-using them here!
- What are you doing this summer? (Or if your region is not in summertime, what did you do last summer/plan on doing next summer?)
- How many physical books do you own?
- Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
- What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Did you enjoy it?
- Do you play video games? If so, what console do you have?
- What are your favourite and least favourite things about blogging?
- Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
- What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
- Tell me a little known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would you go, and why?
- What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
Now for my nominations- I really love all these blogs, and I’m sure you will, too!
- The Mystery Corner
- Donish @ Bookitwithdon
- The Library Lizard
- Libby @ Through The Wardrobe
- Isabella @ Bella’s Book Nook
- Bree @ That Bookish Life
- Shivalika @ Brown Eyed Musings
- Calloway Books
- Sean @ Kingdombookblog
- Amphy @ Bookrantings
So that’s it for this post! Au revoir!👋