Hi everyone, and happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!🇨🇦🍖
This is the third time I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and this time I was nominated by the amazing Romana @ A Book Nerd. Thanks so much, Romana!💞Be sure to check out her awesome blog, if you haven’t already!
Here are the rules:
- Answer the 11 questions
- Nominate 11 other blogs and ask them 11 questions
And my answers:
1.How do you decide what to read next?
I usually decide based on my mood. Sometimes I’m in the mood for a light-hearted contemporary, so that’s what I’ll pick up, and I also may be in the mood for a sci-fi, so I’ll pick one of those up. I honestly dislike making myself TBRs, and I will be talking about that in a future post😊
2.Do you prefer lazy summer afternoons reading in the sun, or rainy autumn evenings with a cozy blanket and a book?
Rainy autumn evenings for sure! I can barely read outside, as I usually get distracted by my surroundings and the sun hurts my eyes!!🙈
3.If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
I’d probably write middle grade contemporary fiction, mostly about middle school. Why, you may ask? Because I’ve been there, done that.😜
4.Do you collect anything?
I used to have many avid collections when I was younger, such as stuffed animals, erasers, business cards(😂), Silly Bandz, Rainbow Loom bracelets, and more. Now that I’m in high school, collecting isn’t really a priority to me anymore. For now, I just focus on my books😋.
5.How often do you go to the bookstore?
I usually go about once a month, as I get most of my books from the library and I’m completely fine with it.😊
6.Do you prefer reading books in a series as they come out, or wait to read them all at once?
If you know me, then you know that I am almost never in the mood to binge read series. I like variety in what I read, thank you very much. So, I’d rather read them as they come out!
7.What is a book that had a powerful impact on you?
Second Chance Summer gave me every single feel you can name. It made me cry, laugh, smile, and everything in between. Even to this day, I can still feel those feels!❤️
8.What genre do you read most of?
I mostly read young adult contemporary books, though I have been getting in a dystopia/sci-fi kick as of late. I have been trying to diversify the genres I read, and so far I have been really liking what I read!😄
9.Do your friends/family know about your blog?
My family does, and they read it all the time. (Hi, Mom! Hi, Dad! Hi, Zaidy! Hi, Aunty Robyn! And there’s even more, so HI!! Love you guys😘)
As for my friends, well, some of them know, and others I have yet to tell. So if any of my real life friends are reading this right now, then HI!! You guys are awesome, and I love you!❤️
10.How do you organize your bookshelves?
I stole this from my Real Neat Blog Award post because it hasn’t changed, and I’m that awesome😂.
I’ve said this before, but instead of a bookshelf, I own a dollhouse, and that’s where I shelve all my books. I don’t have a picture right now, but in my middle and bottom right room, I mostly organize them by size and series/author, on the top, it’s by colour, and on the bottom left, it’s mostly by size as well.
11.Marvel or DC?
I guess I would say DC…? I don’t know, I’m not really a fan of superhero comics.
(Picture from Google, I give credit)
- If your region is currently in spring, what are you doing this summer? Or if not, what did you do this past summer?
- How many physical books do you own?
- Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
- What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Did you enjoy it?
- Do you play video games? If so, what console do you have?
- What are your favourite and least favourite things about blogging?
- Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
- What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
- Tell me a little known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would you go, and why?
- What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
- Christine @ Eat Books for Breakfast
- Aldana @ perfectioninbooks
- Cath @ Books and Films for the Soul
- Sheila @ Floor to Ceiling Bookshelves
- Cassiopeia’s Moon @ A book lovers corner
- Book Huntress’ World
- Kirsten @ Love and Other Bookish Things
- Vivian @ Vanilla Angel Pages
- Amy @ Read.Dream.Live
- Kevin @ Tomebound
As I always say, it’s completely up to you if you want to partake in this or not, but I would LOVE to see your answers!!🍭
So tell me! What would be your answers to my or Romana’s questions? What is a book that drowned you in feels? How do you decide what to read next? Tell me in the comments below.